Anyone else have a poster ...

Anyone else have a poster ...

I was a geek. In 5th grade i had a poster of the Greek God's family tree on my wall. I still enjoy reading them. And, i have found that the knowledge gained from that reading ahs helped me later in life. In particular i remember 2 words on my SAT that I knew becasue of my greek geekness.
Any one else a geek?

jason

empty
Yeah, I guess you could say that. Considering I knew how to copy floppies on my Commodore 64/128 before I knew my multiplication table. Or the fact I had a programming class in about 4th or 5th grade. So that was late 80's. I used to know basic (or was it qbasic?) pretty good too. Then moved onto pascal.

doodlebug

Not as far as the Greek thing goes. I didn't read any Greek mythology, that I'm aware of, until high school...and I didn't really get it then, either! It didn't really click until I started teaching a class about Greek art to a bunch of sixth graders. Then I was totally hooked, and they were, too!

htmlmaster

Poster of the Greek God Family Tree? That's BRILLIANT! I wish I thought of that. I think I'm going to print one right now :)

Melos

Well, I never had god family trees on my wall, but I did have a huge poster of dragon breeds/types from Dungeons & Dragons on my wall. :) And a Tolkien poster. I always tended to more of the fantasy myths than the historical ones.

vicki2

I didn't have a poster, but my mother somehow go onto Edith Hamilton from a book of the month club thing ...it's almost funny now, but she passed that book along to me which started my interest in mythology!

lilyrose

No I never had a poster growing up infact I didn't get exposed to Greek mythology until my senior year in high school. I have loved it ever since.

LyricB

My dad was into Hindu mythology, so we had all sorts of posters of those sorts of things around the house. So I would venture to guess that my geekdome exceeded yours!