Atlantis do you believe?

palefrost

Atlantis do you believe?

Ive seen tons of shows about where it could possibly be and none of them ever coincide with each other. Please share your beliefs on this interesting topic. What do you believe?

DJDizzy1

Good question. I am so mixed on this one. I would like to beleive it once existed but I am more inclined to beleive it really was just a story created to teach human beings lessons about respecting each other and realizing we are not indestructible. And it pops up so many times in fiction stories.

I have seen so many documentaries on it as of late and so many scientist want to beleive it exists as well. But they all claim its in a different part of the world.

jak80

Part of me just wants Atlantis to have existed. I think it would have been such a wonderful place that was so advanced in so many areas. As far as is I truly believe that it is existed, I am not sure. I think after seeing so much evidence on all of the programs they show about it that since it hasn't been found that it is hard to believe that it does exist. I guess I am still waiting for unmistakeable evidence.

LilOne1989

It'd be cool to actually have proof that Alantis existed and wasn't something just thought to be a myth. But it does seem hard to believe that an entire land mass could sink under the water, and we'd never find. I think Alantis could exist but if does we aparently don't have the techs to find it.

jason

empty
I think it is entirely possible. Many cultures around the world have legends that could relate to Atlantis. I believe it is the Mayans who have a legend how they originally came from a land that sunk. The ocean is deep, and vastly unexplored. They have found anchors in the Bahama's that can are the same design of anchors found in the mediterranean, and aged long before Columbus arrived here. I say it is possible, but finding it may be impossible.

palefrost

I believe there is more then one "atlantis" in history. What i mean is more then one type of land mass that had the same fate. So much has been lost in time.

DJDizzy1

palefrost;69 said:
I believe there is more then one "atlantis" in history. What i mean is more then one type of land mass that had the same fate. So much has been lost in time.
I agree with you Palefrost. Considering the natural disasters we have had all around the world, i believe that earthquakes, or volcano erruptions could completly wipe out an existence of a society.

Wouln't it be great if it existed or if we could prove it. I know many people beleive they were a very advanced group of people.

LilOne1989

palefrost;69 said:
I actually saw a show that had a real life Atlantis. It was one of the "to be" places years ago for the rich. Anyhow an hurricane came along and when it was all said and done the island was gone. Everyone pretty much forgot about it until some students and their teacher were digging for artifacts and started to uncover bits and pieces in the sand. I'll have to look and see if I can find some more information about it unless someone knows the place I'm talking about and can jump in with the info.

Plumley

I'm another who wants to believe and wishes this legend were true. I especially like the twist that holds that some Atlanteans might have survived and their descendants are hidden among us today, quietly helping.

LyricB

I don't see any reason why there couldn't be land masses which were lost, but I don't know about a technologically advanced culture. I guess it's plausible.

jason

empty
LyricB;185 said:
I don't see any reason why there couldn't be land masses which were lost, but I don't know about a technologically advanced culture. I guess it's plausible.

I think one of the things to remember, is back then, running water was a technology advancement. Things like hot and cold running water would have been a huge advancement.

I think its funny how we are "rediscorvering" things people hundrends of years knew before, but were lost to time.

htmlmaster

The best chance was that it was a small, relatively simple island in the Mediterranean Sea. Like most myths, it was exaggerated.

Harro

I also believe it existed.
Talked to a friend of me a couple days ago about it and he believed it's under Antarctica now. Hidden under a thick pack of ice.

aprilcanadian

palefrost;69 said:
I could go for that. The earth has changed and is still changing, a rise in ocean levels could sink a city , or a quake, there is a long listy of what could have happened.

Durzan

As such Atlantis in my opinion did exist. Maybe not as the super advanced technological culture. But as a state of the art culture. One whose medical advances were above that of the time. Rome did the impossible and only through it's power did it not become a myth. Maybe on a volcano a city existed out to sea. The volcano erupted killing the population and sinking all of that culture into the sea. It is all up to an opinion and people try to work it all out.

AndyM

I think this is one of those myths/legends that falls under the "there's no smoke without fire" saying.

There is always that chance that Plato based his account on a real place (some say it was just a moralistic story). Many "lost" cities, etc., have been discovered and the rising seas, earthquakes or some other disaster could quite easily swallow a continent.

However, I don't think we will ever know for sure until if and when Atlantis is discovered, which I believe is very unlikely.

WolfEye

i beleave Atlantis is some where in the atlantic ocean and i think that all know that and the name is a prove but the real question is "where exactly ???" ... and how did it disappear ??? ... well i guess an earthquake that in the end made atlantis drown in the sea ... an earthquake that was strong enough too distroy any sign of atlantis, raised it to the graund ... or it could be wave stronger than tusunami.

although nothing is sure ... i'll look more in to it ... maybe i'll find some thing ... hopefully

The_Vandhaal

From the darkness
I personally belive in this Myth land of Atlantis

Not in a way of believing as in relegious beleiving......because well the fact wheter it excisted or not are still not 100% facts so to say

but Atlantis excists...because it excist in our minds
that counts also for a possible location where it would have been

the fact that we talk about it.....and wonder if it was really there...already makes for centuries that the place excists.....evn if it is only in the peoples fantasy or minds

enchantress

i also wanted to believe that these things were true...i've heard so many things about this place. . in fact.. some channels gave information and light proofs.. but still, many believe its a fiction!..