Clash of the titans....

Shannon

Okay, I'm completed my entire homework assignment on the movie, but I have one question left.... I don't even understand the question let alone come up with an answer...

Who represented the archetype “Herald?”

Ladyhawk

Actually, considering how many times I've watched that movie, I wouldn't be so sure that it would be Hermes. Yes, he appeared in one scene and did give a message, but Io seemed more like a messenger in that movie at the time, because she was constantly following Perseus and giving him messages. Symbolically though, it should always be Hermes.

LegendofJoe

Actually, considering how many times I've watched that movie, I wouldn't be so sure that it would be Hermes. Yes, he appeared in one scene and did give a message, but Io seemed more like a messenger in that movie at the time, because she was constantly following Perseus and giving him messages. Symbolically though, it should always be Hermes.
Ladyhawk-great movie! The one with Rutgar Haur and Michelle Pfeiffer right? (I know I misspelled their names).

blarneyrubble

Anybody seen the remake of this film with Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes etc etc? Does it compare with the Harry Hamlin and Judy Bowker verrsion from the '80s with the slightly creaky effects ?

Ronnie

I haven't seen it yet but it's in my Netflix queue. I want to see it. I remember when the first one came out. My cousin and I went to the movies alone to see it and Medusa scared the pants off of him. We walked back in the dark (you could then without fear of being killed) and he was jumping at everything. :)

LegendofJoe

The original is such a campy classic. I have not seen the remake 'cause I heard it was dreadful. I'll get back to you if I see it.

ApolloPriestess

Oooh the new Clash remake was atrocious! It was basically Christianized (no offense) mythology with poor Hades being pegged the bad guy as he always inaccurately is and figures from Greek mythology are put in there and made to be someone else, characters who are supposed to be close are basically strangers. It's fingernails on a chalkboard and the worst part is they are making another one.