Creating a logo for my business

mulak

Hey guys

I'm planning on opening a dessert bake shop called "Forbidden Desserts" selling cupcakes, cakes, cookies, tarts, pastries and other things... I just recently registered the name and I'm trying to think of a logo for my business... I don't want to put a dessert as a logo because for example, if i put cupcake as my logo then people will assume I sell cupcake only which I am not.

So I thought if I get a logo, kind of abstract type and related to "forbidden" ... Look at starbucks logo, it a woman from mythology but I can't remember her name but something related to siren I think.

I thought of mythology for example pandora's box since it forbidden to open the box or else it release the evil, chaos, mayhem and so on..but a box ain't cool for a logo because I want to put it on clothing and merchandises like shirts so even guys would like to wear it casually.

I thought I would asked you guys if you know any objects or items that is forbidden or maybe someone from the mythology was forbidden to touch whatever or a mythology story that related to forbidden... that would be awesome!

Thanks,

RLynn

¶How about a logo symbolizing the Tree of Knowledge from Biblical mythology, which produces the Forbidden Fruit? Maybe simply a tree with a serpent, the devil, coiled around the trunk. The devil popularly represents temptation. "The devil made me do it."
¶The Starbucks logo is indeed a mermaid or siren, a water spirit. It was originally twin-tailed, the Melusine of French and German folklore. Mermaids are not necessarily benign. "Run away! Run away!" :eek:

mulak

lol thats funny... the tree of knowledge was one of my ideas that I thought of, but I wasn't sure if it a good logo of a tree on the clothing. would you wear a t-shirt that has the tree of knowledge on it?

I thought of something similar to the devil, it was a smirking look and tempting woman with some devilish looking horns.. then my mom said it make sounds like the business worshipping the devil.. so by bringing up the idea of the actual devil for a logo might make her head spin lol :p

you just remind me when you said serpent, which is similar to snakes and medusa have a head full of snakes... would that work for something forbidden related?

people should "run away, run away" from the high costs of starbuck products lol

Nadai

I think you could never go wrong with something simple...like the outline of a woman's body. Women were considered to be treasured and alluring, but also dangerous and powerful. They are temptresses like the sirens, they are deadly like the bacchants, but they are wise and honorable like priestesses, beautiful like Aphrodite, they're mothers and teachers.
Pandora's box is a good idea, but think about what the real danger was, not the object, but the woman who posessed the object. The gods worked tirelessly to create Pandora, but the box was simple and plain, just a box in the hands of an irrestible woman. Pandora was punishment given to man for Prometheus' crime, not the demons in the box. Idealy speaking, man can resist evil, but who can resist a beautiful woman;)
Maybe even you could make it the outline of a woman holding something like a snake or a box or an apple...that's be cool too.

Myrddin

I was actually going to say maybe the outline of a tree, or the top of a tree (decidous, of course) to represnt the tree of knowledge. RLynn, you and I seem to be on the same page. But if you're looking for a figure... ah, that will take some time. You have given me something to think about.

mulak

an outline of a woman holding a snake, apple, box or something is not a bad idea... something like this? http://girlonraw.com/2010/11/two-bites-at-the-apple/ but outline version of it ... people might like it as a logo on a t-shirt... a hot woman for guys and the beauty of a woman for females :) ... also it got a bit of a story to tell behind it. if my customers asked what is the logo about... it might make the customers to be more intrigue

would a tree look cool enough for a logo to put on the t-shirt and other stuffs?

I don't think guys would want to wear a t-shirt with a rose on it... but clever idea with the beauty and the beast reference though

RLynn

......Maybe even you could make it the outline of a woman holding something like a snake or a box or an apple...that's be cool too.
A feminine hand holding an apple would be enough to convey the idea of temptation.

Nadai

an outline of a woman holding a snake, apple, box or something is not a bad idea... something like this? http://girlonraw.com/2010/11/two-bites-at-the-apple/ but outline version of it ... people might like it as a logo on a t-shirt... a hot woman for guys and the beauty of a woman for females :) ... also it got a bit of a story to tell behind it. if my customers asked what is the logo about... it might make the customers to be more intrigue

would a tree look cool enough for a logo to put on the t-shirt and other stuffs?

I don't think guys would want to wear a t-shirt with a rose on it... but clever idea with the beauty and the beast reference though
Actually I was thinking more like this...but standing and side-view rather than back.
It is the outline of Anna Silk's back-side(the main character who happens to be a succubus).
I think this one is also REALLY cool...but of course extend the arms if you wanted something in her hand...make her standing...continue the face.

Or you could always go with something totally different; you're choice. But I agree with your concern about men wearing a t-shirt with just a tree on it, even I, as a woman, would put on a tank top(don't know if you're doing tanks for women and tees for men) with a naked chick before I put on one with a tree. In fact you can send me a black one once you've got them finished...Xsmall^_^
Whatever you decide, goodluck on the new business and congratulations!

Nadai

A feminine hand holding an apple would be enough to convey the idea of temptation.
I suppose that would be sufficient...I was just thinking of something cooler...or maybe the word I'm looking for is sexier... I mean when you look at ads and commercials whenever someone wants to sell something they put it next to a sexy woman: cigarrettes, cars, haircare products, etc. I mean the apple in the hand is all well and good, but there would be so many possible ways a person could take something like that. Mulak said he didn't want to put the cupcake because he didn't want people to think he sold only cupcakes...couldn't someone run into the same problem with the apple. As far as the idea of temptation from the apple goes, I don't know of anyone who sees an apple and immediately thinks, '...mmmm...temptation...'. When I go to the grocery I see an apple and think about apple not about enticement or seduction or temptation...I guess that's just me, though.
The same goes for the rose. I mean it's a cute idea, but I think it would be the same as the apple. "Is this a flower shoppe?" And I personally hate flowers so wouldn't go in to see that it wasn't a flower shop.

mulak

I watch lost girl... and anna silk is hot as hell lol

I don't know if people will get that image from the lost girl image for logo... I actually don't, I assumed it some smooth flowing line :p

the back side picture of anna remind me of a spa like logo...since you mention succubus ... my slogan is actually similar of succubus's way of life ... "Escape... Indulge... Enjoy..." :) .... maybe a succubus might work for a logo, by adding wings on the back? or succubus in general ... they are tempting, seductive and sexy ... maybe in a tattoo style of look... might appeal to both guys and ladies

Nadai, you hit dead center ... you are the same page as me of what I'm looking for in a logo... i couldn't figure out a word to describe it, until you mention "sexier" ... apple and rose are nice ideas but doesn't live up the forbidden standard and both guys and ladies most likely don't want an apple or a rose for a logo.

Yeah I want to offer t-shirts, tank tops, hats, mugs and so on

Nadai

I watch lost girl... and anna silk is hot as hell lol

I don't know if people will get that image from the lost girl image for logo... I actually don't, I assumed it some smooth flowing line :p

the back side picture of anna remind me of a spa like logo...since you mention succubus ... my slogan is actually similar of succubus's way of life ... "Escape... Indulge... Enjoy..." :) .... maybe a succubus might work for a logo, by adding wings on the back? or succubus in general ... they are tempting, seductive and sexy ... maybe in a tattoo style of look... might appeal to both guys and ladies

Nadai, you hit dead center ... you are the same page as me of what I'm looking for in a logo... i couldn't figure out a word to describe it, until you mention "sexier" ... apple and rose are nice ideas but doesn't live up the forbidden standard and both guys and ladies most likely don't want an apple or a rose for a logo.

Yeah I want to offer t-shirts, tank tops, hats, mugs and so on
That threesome with Anna Silk was hot!:D
I totally agree! The wings would be cool, but I wonder if that would also cause confusion between demon and angel...maybe make the wings black...?

mulak

That threesome with Anna Silk was hot!:D
I totally agree! The wings would be cool, but I wonder if that would also cause confusion between demon and angel...maybe make the wings black...?
actually the difference between the demon and angel wings is that angel got feather like wings and demon got more bat wings like... it can have like an acidic style looking that is not solid line... might make it even cooler

the female can look like an outline like kappa logo.. maybe in different pose and add the bat wings

what do you think of aphrodite for a logo... starbucks got a siren

Nadai

I think it's a great idea. I'd like the bat wings. The tattoo style is a great idea also and the non-solid lines would be cool too. I can't wait to see it all come together!

mulak

i will ask some of my friends and family if they like it or not :p

i goggled succubus for pictures... haha very little clothing lol

mulak

That look cool

Apparently majority of my friends and family dont really like the succubus/woman with wings ... They think it assoicate with evil since they are demons and may be bad for the image of the business. For example people got kids and probably parents don't want kids to see a very sexual looking woman :p

Probably have to think of something else