Creating a logo for my business

Myrddin

I just had a thought. What about a hand holding the words "Forbidden Desserts"? Maybe a nail-polished hand. Could work either black and white or with colour.

mulak

That's basically what I was thinking of ... An outline of a woman with bat wings on it .. Nice... Clean and simple

Probably do it from chest and up to fit nicely in space since it a small size and don't want a blurry type of pic

Myrddin ... What make u think of a hand for the logo?

RLynn

A female hand offering something forbidden is subliminally suggestive, giving the imagination free reign. A she-devil image is more in your face and thus leaves less to the imagination. Also, it could bother some Bible-pounders. Another thing, you don't want to make the squeaky-clean milk-and-cookies crowd uncomfortable.

mulak

A female hand offering something forbidden is subliminally suggestive, giving the imagination free reign. A she-devil image is more in your face and thus leaves less to the imagination. Also, it could bother some Bible-pounders. Another thing, you don't want to make the squeaky-clean milk-and-cookies crowd uncomfortable.
You do have a point Rlynn... Hmmm

My mom thought of an idea of a serpent from the story with Adam and eve when the serpent tempt eve to take the forbidden apple and eat it and gave it to Adam and he ate it as well

What do you think? I can make the serpent interwine the forbidden dessert name or initial of the name, FD

RLynn

You do have a point Rlynn... Hmmm

My mom thought of an idea of a serpent from the story with Adam and eve when the serpent tempt eve to take the forbidden apple and eat it and gave it to Adam and he ate it as well

What do you think? I can make the serpent interwine the forbidden dessert name or initial of the name, FD
I like the serpent idea! Maybe something that wouldn't scare the kiddies.

mulak

Yeah i was thinking something like that ... In black, no eyes and a little white line to make the mouth ... So it will look simple and elegant looking serpent

Maybe get a real non-vomen snake for display for people to see when they come pick up their desserts ... It will be our mascot lol ... Probably won't fly with the public :p lol

RLynn

......Maybe get a real non-vomen snake for display for people to see when they come pick up their desserts ... It will be our mascot lol ... Probably won't fly with the public :p lol
Boa constrictors are nice friendly snakes, and make good pets, but might be a little expensive. A garter snake or black snake is not as pretty or exotic, but is also nice. I'm a snake person, but I have inherited some cats for rodent control, so snakes stay away. Domesticated cats are more brutal than snakes. They kill small rodents, snakes, and birds, but don't eat their kill.

Myrddin

Myrddin ... What make u think of a hand for the logo?
A few things, actually. First, thinking about what could work for tees, cups, etc. in accordance to size and the willingness to wear a shirt with the sort of image displayed. Second, thinking about how the apple would have been offered in Eden, or Hades tempting Persephone with the pomegranate, by holding out their hand with the fruit. It seems almost seductive, tantalizing, like saying, "you know you want it". And a nail-polished hand somehow seems sexier, than any other hand. (If in colour, red nail polish.) Thirdly, RLynn's hand offering the apple got me thinking...

mulak

How about this ...

A serpent wrap the apple around

We got the apple and serpent ... Best of both worlds

RLynn

Myrddin is a Celtic sorcerer, possibly even with demonic paternity, without a drop of good, wholesome Roman blood in him. What does one expect from such riff-raff other than trickery and deceit? :D

Myrddin

Myrddin is a Celtic sorcerer, possibly even with demonic paternity, without a drop of good, wholesome Roman blood in him. What does one expect from such riff-raff other than trickery and deceit? :D
You got me.:)

Nadai

A few things, actually. First, thinking about what could work for tees, cups, etc. in accordance to size and the willingness to wear a shirt with the sort of image displayed. Second, thinking about how the apple would have been offered in Eden, or Hades tempting Persephone with the pomegranate, by holding out their hand with the fruit. It seems almost seductive, tantalizing, like saying, "you know you want it". And a nail-polished hand somehow seems sexier, than any other hand. (If in colour, red nail polish.) Thirdly, RLynn's hand offering the apple got me thinking...
Hades didn't offer the pomegranate to Persephone, by the way. It was the young boy who'd been turned to a lizard by Demeter after watching Persephone get kidnapped.

Myrddin

Hades didn't offer the pomegranate to Persephone, by the way. It was the young boy who'd been turned to a lizard by Demeter after watching Persephone get kidnapped.
In the land of Hades, though, which is basically what I meant.

mulak

Hi everybody,

remember me and this thread :p

I need help again... my business partner and I kind of decided to get out of the "forbidden apple, adam & eve" story for a logo since it was a bit difficult to incorporate ... and want broaden out on "forbidden" in general

Do you know any mythology stories that deal with something forbidden, not allow to touch, or tempting to do, forbidden objects, or someone was doing something bad even though it good.. anything forbidden in some degree

For example, starbuck coffee company... was named after a coffee drinker character in the moby dick story named starbuck... the logo itself is a siren was that in the book as well.... so I thought if I can get a story of some sort ... maybe I can get logo of something from that story