Deing in dreams

jason

empty
They say if you die in your dreams, you die in real life. What do you think, true or not?

Artemis

No, I do not think that is true! It is our belief that when you die in your dreams, you are going to live a longer life.

I wouldn't think so but now that you mention it, I've never seen my own death in dreams. I've dreamed about an afterlife as in "I dreamed I went to hell" or something but never even "I dreamed I died and went to hell".

Talaria

I have experienced Sleep Paralysis twice. It was definitely a frightening thing and in both of the scenarios I was in fact dying in whatever dream state I was in. Super creepy!

Boudica

I don't want to test the theory to find out lol! I have always woken up before I actually died in any of my dreams where I was dying so I don't know.

Me personally have hit the ground...etc etc etc and i still wake up so idk really what else to say but i dont belive dying in your sleep from dreams!!!

Dianna

I have died in my dreams. Like all out dying and then being dead. I am still alive as far as I know. Still, perhaps the fright of dying in dreams can cause a heart attack or something.

TheReaper

I have never died in a dream. I always wake up right before the moment of death. I agree with Dianna though - I could see where that could cause a heart attack for some people. I wonder where this myth came from. It's not like if it actually happened the victim would be around to tell us, lol.

Isabelle

I have never died in a dream and I certainly hope that I do not. I have dreamed I was falling before but I always wake up before I hit the ground.

I have never died in a dream and I certainly hope that I do not. I have dreamed I was falling before but I always wake up before I hit the ground.
that usually what happens for most people me on the other hand always die in my sleep so i dont belive in that mombo jombo lol

Sasquatch

Fear can kill you. It's a scientific fact. If you are scared enough, you can have a heart attack, a stroke or a ruptured aneurysm. The adrenaline surge can cause any precipitating illness as what I've mentioned to happen.

Nadai

I think it could be possible to die in real life if you die in your dreams. The mind is a very powerful thing; it can make you feel or see or experience things that are not really there. Sometimes I have a dream and I feel as if I am awake and everything I experience, like falling, I feel as if I've really fallen. I think that if someone had a dream like that and died in the dream it is possible that it could kill them; though I really hope not. Sleep should be peaceful not dangerous or frightening.

DLegend

I had one dream where I was dead and I saw my body lying on a coffin. I didn't feel scared as I find it intriguing because I thought I was already a ghost. In the dream I was floating looking down over my body but then I woke up from my sleep. Now, I'm telling you that dream so I guess the myth about dying in dreams resulting to dying in real life is just that, a myth. :)

Wotan

"They say if you die in your dreams, you die in real life. What do you think, true or not?"

Quoting Jack Sparrow, "then where do the stories come from"

I have died in my dreams before, it just goes black and stays black until I choose for something to happen (I have lucid dreams)

Our mind is like a video cammera, when were awake were recording everything and then when we sleep, we push play. The subconscience is what holds all our hidden infomation and when we sleep it plays a big role in our dreams, so for instance when u watch a show about giant lizards and then in two weeks have a dream about giant lizards killing people and taking over the world.....thats why and btw ive had a dream like that....but thats what happens and the reason why we dream like we do!

Myrddin

Our mind is like a video cammera, when were awake were recording everything and then when we sleep, we push play. The subconscience is what holds all our hidden infomation and when we sleep it plays a big role in our dreams, so for instance when u watch a show about giant lizards and then in two weeks have a dream about giant lizards killing people and taking over the world.....thats why and btw ive had a dream like that....but thats what happens and the reason why we dream like we do!
That is very true. I couldn't have said it better myself.