Do you follow superstitions?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jason

empty
It used to be bad luck to break a mirror, or walk under a ladder and so on. Do you believe in things like this?

Isabelle

You should have an option for sometimes. For some superstitions I do and for others I don't . I don't usually cross myself if I see a black cat but I won't wash clothes on New Year'd day either!

TheReaper

I guess I can say I do. My favorite one is never put shoes on a table. I got that from my dad when I was little and to this day I won't do it. I've never heard the one about doing laundry on New Year's Day. That's good to know :) Who wants to wash clothes on New Year's anyway? Lol.

Boudica

I can't think of any that I really do follow. When I was a little kid the umbrella in the house thing used to bother me but other than that I didn't believe them then and I don't now either.

Chintai

I am a 'sometimes' voter too. I can't stop the habit of touching my collar when I see an ambulance, even though I think it's irrational. I don't mind open umbrellas inside anymore though.

"Sometimes" here too, even though I voted yes (Full Moon?). I rationally know they don't have anything to do with mostly anything but I like to step into irrationality sometimes just to make sure we're rooting for the right team. I regard them as just little cultural things that show my heritage, such as eating greens and black eyed peas on New Year's Day for abundance in the new year. If you haven't heard of that one you probably don't have farmers in your family.
Anyone still throw salt over the shoulder after spilling it? I know I do in remembrance of Dumb and Dumber.

Isabelle

The not washing clothes on New Year's day one is that you will wash someone out of the family...same thing for sweeping out the back dorr after dark...you'll sweep someone out of the family. I haven't heard the one about shoes on the table before.