Drunk driver urban legend

There's a story I hear a lot about a man drinking at a bar. He gets in his car to drive, very drunk, and makes it home safely. The next morning he gets up and goes to the garage to drive to work and there is a girl embedded into the front of his truck. He had hit her while driving and was so drunk he didn't remember or realize it.

Have you heard this one? What do you think?

That's exactly what I thought when I first heard it. I also thought that if he were so insanely drunk he would not have even remembered how to get home or to even start his car in the first place.

Allie-Gator

Impossible. This one would have to be proven to me. I don't think it would be possible for him to drive fast enough if he was that drunk, to keep a human plastered on the front of his truck. This one's a FAIL, or at least I think.

Myrddin

That's exactly what I thought when I first heard it. I also thought that if he were so insanely drunk he would not have even remembered how to get home or to even start his car in the first place.
Exactly! Allie-Gator, I believe that there really is no thinking involved, and definitely for this one. Fail, FAIL, FAIL...!

Dianna

Yeah, I do not know how you would embed someone in the front of your car. I could see maybe dragging a person all the way home though.

There is a movie like this can't remember the name but I saw it on Netflix. I looked this one up on Snopes and it comes up as legend. Here's the link if you want to see what it said about it http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/bargrill.asp
Thanks for sharing with us. It was an interesting read and I see there are a few alternatives to the legend.

From the Snopes page, it always seems like I see these urban legends in the Ann Landers column in the newspaper. I wonder why that is?