Favorite Myth/Legend Animal

Alkonost

Lady of the Lake
How's the phoenix related to the Scorpio?

Anyway, I have a thing for serpents in mythology. Ophion in Greek myth and the ouroboros in symbolism and all that. I love how snakes seemed to puzzle everyone so they were held to represent almost anything from evil to wisdom, healing to poison etc, although it's the rebirth meaning that fascinates me.

nimoway

my favorite mythological creature would be the dragon.I think were powerful but getle creatures untill provoked.

Eragon

Eragon Shadeslayer & Demo
dragon

mine is the dragon because of their beautiful hides,power,and intelligence they are not a creature but a race as are we but they hide because there numbers are reduced but they are immune to the ravages of time

Sorceress

I think Mermaids are my favorite because they are so enchanting. Sometimes I walk by the lake at night under a bright moon and when you look far out into the water you can just imagine them.

They are the most beautiful.

Tsukihime

Eragon;1280 said:
mine is the dragon because of their beautiful hides,power,and intelligence they are not a creature but a race as are we but they hide because there numbers are reduced but they are immune to the ravages of time
The Eastern dragon (like in Dragonball Z) or the Western one (like Charizard of the Pokemon fame)?

I myself am fascinated by dragons, coz my Chinese horoscope is a dragon. But other than that, I see the dragon as a really powerful mythical creature, aside from its being elegant and yes, intelligence. I was first introduced to the western dragon but I guess I like the eastern one more. :)

Aside from dragons, I also like the phoenix, the symbol of resurrection and immortality. I love the way it was used by Yuu Watase in Fushigi Yuugi as a symbol for undying love. And of course, in China, it is a symbol of the empress, as the dragon is to the emperor.

Blaire Calabro

Perhaps for me it would be pegasus. He can run and jump like a regular horse, yet fly as well. I would love to ride somewhere on his back too. Plus, he is in a few of the Greek myths. The one of Bellerophon for instance.

Sylvia

La Duende (loosely translated as The Goblins) are little pixie-like creatures known for their sometimes mischievous behavior. They are believed to pick on small children stealing their toys, hiding under the bed at night, and living in the walls.. (This is why I always make sure everything's covered when I sleep lol). Originally forest folk, these now home-dwelling creatures can also bring good luck to the house if you're nice to them.

Note: Similar to the Spanish version of the boogeyman known as the Cuco

Foxfairy

Mine is easy...come on have a guess. ;)

Oh-kay well to be fair it's not just the Fox Maidens (Chinese) or Kitsune(Japanese), but fairies that change from animals to people in general. What you might call two natured creatures who's natural form is an animal, not to be confused with human's who turn into animals such as lycanthropes.

Greek: Satyrs. They are pastoralism on steroids.
Norse: Has to be the serpent of Midgard, Jormungand (minus umlauts). Sometimes when I go swimming in the ocean I try to put myself in the Norse mindset and see the waves as a result of the serpent's terrible thrashing. No wonder swimming for recreation is a relatively modern occurrence.

Rhonda Tharp

I like the Celtic Selkies, the Greek Bellerophon/Chimera, the Nordic Fenrir, the Egyptian Ammut and the Chinese Dragon

Dianna

my favorite mythological creature would be the dragon.I think were powerful but getle creatures untill provoked.
I am with you. I am rather obsessed with dragons. I have read pretty much every book about them I could find, both fiction and non-fiction. I just love them.

Rhonda Tharp

Mine is easy...come on have a guess. ;)

Oh-kay well to be fair it's not just the Fox Maidens (Chinese) or Kitsune(Japanese), but fairies that change from animals to people in general. What you might call two natured creatures who's natural form is an animal, not to be confused with human's who turn into animals such as lycanthropes.
Ah, have you seen Akira Kurosawa's "Dreams"? He features the Kitsune in his first dream. It's very beautiful.