Good luck rituals

Frumpy

In my life, I have heard a ton of good luck rituals. Would you like to add to my list? Here are some of my favorites.

On June 24th, which is supposed to be the longest day of the year, you need to go to the beach and throw yourself backwards three times. This will ensure good luck the following year. (This is from Puerto Rico.)

On December 31st you need to put twelve black eye peas in your purse before midnight to ensure good financial luck during the coming year.

Nadai

I've heard that you have to keep big bills in your pocket on the 31st of December to the first of January to ensure that you start and end the new year with money.
I've heard that spitting keeps away evil spirits and throwing salt over your shoulder keeps them away as well. I've also heard that wearing blue keeps away the evil eye and that whistling brings bad luck. Those are some rituals that I've learned through spending all of my time with Greeks.

Helga

Here is one I thought was rather interesting. Blowing out birthday candles. We all close our eyes, make a wish, and try to blow the candles out in one breath. But the lesser known fact is that in ancient Greece, this was a worship ritual for the goddess Artemis. It was believed that if you blew out the candles in one breath, Artemis would watch over you, make your wishes come true, and bring you good fortune.

Diana

Wearing green and always carrying a minimum of six cents in your wallet are ones I was brought up with. These are interesting to read so far.