Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by The Taciturn Scholar, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Hello and warm greetings to all,

I'm not sure what to say in the way of an introduction, only that I greatly enjoy both mythology and folklore.

As terms of interests, I enjoy listening to orchestral music, writing, reading* classic literature, books of mythology, compendiums of folklore; reference materials related to folklore (encyclopedias of symbols, stars, bestiaries, angels, &c.), pseudipigraphic texts, and all-things linguistics—from etymology to definitions. I do not, however, enjoy psychological analyses of folktales and mythology; I do not believe that we can attribute modern psychological causes to traditional tales borne out of a given people's quest for survival, geographic location, or surrounding culture.

Again, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should put in here, so I shall conclude. I realise this is a well-established, yet not large forum, and I am a n00b here; hopefully I can, with time, work my way into the community. :)

* More often than not, I do more slacking on the internet than reading, in spite of the fact I have a modest-sized personal library filled with many wonderful books I want to read, but for whatever reason lack the motivation of actually opening and reading.
  2. Welcome! hope you'll have a GREAT time staying here! \(^o^)/