Norse newbie wants to learn

mythlvr

Though my love is Greek Mythology I am very open to new things and am finding Norse Mythology very interesting from reading the threads. What is the best book or reference material to read that will give me a down and dirty understanding of Norse Mythology?

LegendofJoe

I really loved Myths and Legends of The Norsemen by Helene Guerber.
It is an old book and a bit outdated, but it made such an impression that it is still in print.
It is just about everything in one book.
After that, you may want to read an English translation of the Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson,
as well as the Poetic Edda.

mythlvr

I really loved Myths and Legends of The Norsemen by Helene Guerber.
It is an old book and a bit outdated, but it made such an impression that it is still in print.
It is just about everything in one book.
After that, you may want to read an English translation of the Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson,
as well as the Poetic Edda.
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I have a book reader and will look for these to put on my e-book reader to read when at work.

Alexia

If you are interested in Norse mythology, then help VuduPins Productions make a film based off of the Norse myths of Baldur's death. The film is called "Baldur's Dreams" and is centered around Odin, Frigg, Baldur, and Loki. Before we can begin filming, we need to raise funds. Please help us and go to this site and donate money. Spread the word and help this film get made. Every penny counts. Thanks!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vudupins/baldurs-dreams-a-norse-myth-short-film