Superstitious

greekgoddess31

I have the worst luck ever and if I was superstitious I would think that I walked under a ladder or broke a mirror. Are you superstitious at all? Which superstition scares you the most?

Olsen

Well, I'm not really superstitious, but I try to avoid doing stuff that is thought to bring bad luck. I don't have any particular routines to break a curse, like some people have, so my idea of staying protected from bad luck is to not break mirrors, spill salt and keep away from black cats...

RLynn

I suppose trying to avoid a jinx could be considered superstitious. For example, I don't like for people to say "Good luck." I much prefer "Break a leg."

Myrddin

I suppose trying to avoid a jinx could be considered superstitious. For example, I don't like for people to say "Good luck." I much prefer "Break a leg."
Have you ever seen The Producers? Excellent movie (no idea about the play).

"I broke my other leg!"

Myrddin

I think everyone is superstitious one way or another. Sometimes it's embedded in a belief, sometimes it's something more simple like the broken mirror, or walking under a ladder (or knocking on wood to break a jinx). There's something I do! I knock on wood, ususally if I say something that feels like it would jinx a situation.

RLynn

Yes, I've seen The Producers. Goofy.....funny.....Springtime for Hitler. Oh my!!!! I need to see it again!
I sometimes do the knock on wood thing.
It's funny how play-by-play sports coverage on TV can seem to jinx players. Like in basketball. Almost every time when they say, "He's a 90% free throw shooter and hasn't missed a single one yet tonight," the poor guy misses. It's uncanny.

Myrddin

Yeah... Those sports casters really should stop saying things like that. I mean, are they trying to jinx it?!;)

Toni

Has anyone ever heard of the superstition of going out the same door you came it? It's supposedly bad luck to visit someone and go out a different door than the one you entered.

Myrddin

Has anyone ever heard of the superstition of going out the same door you came it? It's supposedly bad luck to visit someone and go out a different door than the one you entered.
I have never heard that. Certainly something to keep in mind...