Time to bake

Enertia

Every year, as the holidays draw near, my aunt goes into crazy baking mode. It is like a switch flips inside her, and suddenly she must bake everything imaginable. I am not complaining, because I sure enjoy eating the treats! I just find it curious, and wondered if anyone else noticed this happening?

Toni

I do the same thing. I like to bake around the holidays and then give away what I bake. Pumpkin bread, cookies, blueberry pound cake. I have thought about doing this baking at a time during the year when no one expects it just because there is always so many goodies during the holidays. Have you ever thought about that?

WinterWitch

My sister-in-law is the baker and candy maker in the family. Each year we get a pecan pie from her, as well as a homemade cheese ball and a lot of fudge and other types of candy. She has already sent us the pie and cheese ball this year; however, so I'm wondering if she is still going to make the candy. I love eating it, but my waistline would actually be relieved if she skipped it.

Myrddin

Every year, as the holidays draw near, my aunt goes into crazy baking mode. It is like a switch flips inside her, and suddenly she must bake everything imaginable. I am not complaining, because I sure enjoy eating the treats! I just find it curious, and wondered if anyone else noticed this happening?
Both of grandmothers are like that, though my maternal grandmother moreso.