Toddlers and tiaras

jerri

Or as I like to think of it 'Moms who want their daughters to be hookers.' Any fans out there? I surely am not. I think most of those parents should be shot. Just watched the 'Dolly Parton' episode and the mother spent most of the time pointing out her own trophies and not her daughter's.

Nadai

I think those mothers are sad! And I don't mean cry themselves to sleep sad I mean terrible parents sad. I've only seen one episode, but I can't help but think that all those women are ashamed of their own short-comings so try to force their daughters to be the beautiful women that they always wanted to be. Unfortunately they are babies not women and those mothers need their ovaries ripped out and driven over with a steam roller! It's no wonder those kids talk to their parents any kind of way, they think they're adults, and why shouldn't they when they're dressed like them and treated like them. There is nothing cute about a baby caked in make-up, shaking what she is too young to have, dressed in a stripper costume, and talking like she's twenty. What makes it even worse is that now these crazy people are on tv which makes it seem okay for them to act that way and be paid for it. Meanwhile child molesters are sitting at home wanking off to your three-year old as she struts her tissue-filled stuff up and down a stage so that she can be judged on how like a woman she looks. Sorry, but I see no beauty in such a thing.

jerri

I think those mothers are sad! And I don't mean cry themselves to sleep sad I mean terrible parents sad. I've only seen one episode, but I can't help but think that all those women are ashamed of their own short-comings so try to force their daughters to be the beautiful women that they always wanted to be. Unfortunately they are babies not women and those mothers need their ovaries ripped out and driven over with a steam roller! It's no wonder those kids talk to their parents any kind of way, they think they're adults, and why shouldn't they when they're dressed like them and treated like them. There is nothing cute about a baby caked in make-up, shaking what she is too young to have, dressed in a stripper costume, and talking like she's twenty. What makes it even worse is that now these crazy people are on tv which makes it seem okay for them to act that way and be paid for it. Meanwhile child molesters are sitting at home wanking off to your three-year old as she struts her tissue-filled stuff up and down a stage so that she can be judged on how like a woman she looks. Sorry, but I see no beauty in such a thing.
It's the pedophile angle that gets me too. I do think a lot of the kids acting out (I hope) is because they know they're in front of strangers and can get away with it. And then there's the Bridezilla angle--the worse your kid is the better your chances are of being on an episode so who knows if some of those mothers yank their kids hair on purpose when they're doing it!

Isis

I have only watched one episode but I didn't like it either. Glitzy child pageants creep me out anyway because they do seem to sexualize young children, plus they send the terrible message that girls should be judged on their looks.

greekgoddess31

I refuse to watch that show, but I have seen the commercials and that is more than enough. The show and beauty pageants for children in general, exploit young children and make the girls feel like they have to be dressed like that, wear makeup like that and act like that to get anything in life. It is a horrible, horrible show.

Myrddin

I just hate those kinds of shows in general, and would refuse to even have them played on my television. To do so would give them ratings, and therefore encourages them. Which is the last thing I want to do.

Nadai

I totally agree. I don't know what has happened to television, but I wish we could go back to the days when reality was what we lived every day and tv was the made up stuff we watched to escape it:rolleyes:I guess it could always be worse. But my opinion of television went down the drail when Sister Wives aired. Now show is just ridiculous...and illegal.

magickz

We do not watch stuff like this in our house. Do not even get my husband started on the nursing baby doll either. So many things targeted to kids of a large age range and all are nonsense.

Nadai

Nursing baby doll? As in a doll that breast-feeds!? That is sick! I'd never heard of this if that is the case, but I'm repulsed by the idea. That's another thing wrong with our society. Girls grow up thinking that they are only capable of being pretty and making babies; that the only thing they have to offer the the world is a pretty face and a nice body.

Myrddin

Nursing baby doll? As in a doll that breast-feeds!? That is sick! I'd never heard of this if that is the case, but I'm repulsed by the idea. That's another thing wrong with our society. Girls grow up thinking that they are only capable of being pretty and making babies; that the only thing they have to offer the the world is a pretty face and a nice body.
You are very right, of course. Some things should just never be allowed.

Katie

I really do think that this show is the Mariana trench of reality television! Seriously, it's such a superficial program that trains little innocent girls to become spoiled little princesses because their moms failed to achieve their own beauty queen dreams. I judge all moms who put their daughters through this kind of show.

LegendofJoe

I really do think that this show is the Mariana trench of reality television! Seriously, it's such a superficial program that trains little innocent girls to become spoiled little princesses because their moms failed to achieve their own beauty queen dreams. I judge all moms who put their daughters through this kind of show.
Ha ha.
Mariana trench!!! I love that comparison.:cool:

Nadai

They are indeed the lowest of the low. I feel bad for these kids and for the family members that see their daughters or sisters or what-have-you behaving this way. I would be so embarrased to know that we were related to something like that.

I've never seen this shoe but I've heard of it. I have to say, I find putting children in this type of situation to be horrible. I think it's bad for their self esteem as well as making them little monsters in the making. I would have never put my daughter in this type of situation or allowed her to be put in this type of situation, ever.

greekgoddess31

It is funny because right after I initially posted to this topic I was in the grocery store and this show is actually on the cover of People or one of the other trash mags that they force on you at the checkout. The headline was something like Toddlers and Tiaras: Gone too Far? How ridiculous.

This show creeps me out so much! I can barely watch it for more than 2 minutes. I hate to see how the parents push the little girls to do the pageants. The one lady I saw on TV dressed up her daughter as Julia Roberts in Pretty Women. I nearly threw things at the TV.