Top urban legends to emerge in 2010

Chintai

As we begin the new year it seems fitting to consider the hoax stories which may well become the urban legends of the future. I think the various Facebook 'status updates' are a good contender. Here's a site with some more ideas.

Bona Dea

I find it scary nowadays just how stories get around so quickly, especially ones that seem so obviously fake.

Take Boxing Day - there was a story - with images, that Owen Wilson had died in a ski accident.

It was denied then re-hashed as Ben Stiller, then Jay-Z, with exactly the same image, layout and headline.

Chintai

Those jokesters are likely trying to get themselves into the news by spreading silly stories! I heard one today about a mouse being found INSIDE a loaf of bread. It was a hoax but think of the damage done to the local business accused of bad hygiene practices.

Wotan

I have one for you!

I am not sure if it realy made much news outside of Australia, but we basicaly had two entire states flood (75% of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone) and spawning from this there have been reports (unconfirmed as of yet) of sharks swimming around in shops and down mainstreets.
=