Ufos

Arachne

Has anybody on this forum seen one?

I did see a weird green light in the sky once when I was about 12, but I'm sure there was some boring explanation for it :(

MysticSunshine

No I haven't and I would really love to! I keep hearing of all these people who have and all the ones who don't believe in them, but I just have a feeling there is something else out there and wonder why I haven't ever seen anything like this since I do believe in them.

Myrddin

I love the idea of UFOs and aliens, and certainly believe that they exist, but I don't believe that we have been visited, at least not in the sense that they would have shown any interest in us. At most, I think they would only leave a sign or mark of their landing. Our first contact has yet to be made.

I know astronomers seem to think that our planet is the only in the universe capable of supporting life, but I honestly think that's just arrogance; the idea of believing that we are something special. I think that in the vastness of the universe, it is only logical that through all that vastness, our planet cannot be the only life supporting oasis. The universe just seems to big for that.

I dont see why other planets wouldn't be capable of supporting life, because why would we be the only planet capable of doing so? Recently i read an article about a star that'd been squirting water into out of space. Apparently, water is a good chemical as it can dissolve lots of atoms and things which can help prove the existance of life etc. But could that just be to us? Like that we need water to survive? There was a documentary about Aliens visiting us in the Ancient times, i havent watched it yet, but it could be likely.

I havent seen enough evidence of different cases to decide it they are genuine or not, but i dont think ive ever seen a UFO unfortuantly.

greekgoddess31

I have never seen a UFO, but that does not mean I don't believe in life on other planets. I think that it is self-centered of humans to believe that out of all the galaxies and planets out there, this one is the only one with (sometimes) intelligent life on it.

Myrddin

I dont see why other planets wouldn't be capable of supporting life, because why would we be the only planet capable of doing so? Recently i read an article about a star that'd been squirting water into out of space. Apparently, water is a good chemical as it can dissolve lots of atoms and things which can help prove the existance of life etc. But could that just be to us? Like that we need water to survive? There was a documentary about Aliens visiting us in the Ancient times, i havent watched it yet, but it could be likely.

I havent seen enough evidence of different cases to decide it they are genuine or not, but i dont think ive ever seen a UFO unfortuantly.
I am interested about this water squirting star. Could you tell me more about it?

Myrddin

I have never seen a UFO, but that does not mean I don't believe in life on other planets. I think that it is self-centered of humans to believe that out of all the galaxies and planets out there, this one is the only one with (sometimes) intelligent life on it.
That's what I think exactly! Self-centered. That's probaly the best word to describe us in this matter. Still 'arrogant', too, though.

RLynn

I've seen fireballs and (seemingly) slow-moving meteors, but nothing that I thought was especially UFO-like. Life elsewhere in the universe is more likely than not, and it doesn't necessarily have to be carbon based like that on earth. (To insist that life-forms be carbon based is called carbon chauvinism :).)

Allie-Gator

I really believe life exists on other planets, just like RLynn says, it may not be carbon based or in our form. It's amazing that some people think we are the only sentient beings in the universe.

Dianna

I saw what I thought was a UFO. It turned out to be an experimental jet plane that the Airforce was testing a base near us.

fibi ducks

i was sitting in my garden with a friend - on the first day that the sun felt warm this year - and I saw i small light appear from the grass. it slowly lifted up a couple of centimetres at which point it appeared to be a soap bubble. However, our lawn is about 60 by 60 feet and it seems unlikely that i single soap bubble would have turned up there in the middle of the lawn. Also it seemed to rise out of the grass, or perhaps a hole in the earth. It lifted up and floated away. neither of us could account for it.I'm glad i didn't bother to take a photo as it would have convinced nobody at all. I saw it and i didn't undersatnd it.

Myrddin

i was sitting in my garden with a friend - on the first day that the sun felt warm this year - and I saw i small light appear from the grass. it slowly lifted up a couple of centimetres at which point it appeared to be a soap bubble. However, our lawn is about 60 by 60 feet and it seems unlikely that i single soap bubble would have turned up there in the middle of the lawn. Also it seemed to rise out of the grass, or perhaps a hole in the earth. It lifted up and floated away. neither of us could account for it.I'm glad i didn't bother to take a photo as it would have convinced nobody at all. I saw it and i didn't undersatnd it.
That's certainly an interesting phenomenon. I'm curious as to what caused it. You're right. It is quite unlikely that one soap bubble would just turn up that.