What's Your Favorite Fairy Tale?

jason

empty
What's Your Favorite Fairy Tale?

As the title says, whats your favorite fairy tale? Is it a childrens version, or the original?

vicki2

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say Cinderella was my favorite as a child, but being a female, it sort of stands to reason. Who wouldn't want that? LOL. Little Red Riding Hood scared me too much for consideration here!

Melos

I always loved Sleeping Beauty - both the original and the children's version. Who could not like Malificent? And the good fairies delivering their blessings and gift upon Aurora :)

jak80

I always loved Cinderella. I think that it is just such a wonderful story. I still love it today.

DJDizzy1

Yes Cinderella is just every little girls dream. Finding true love with a handsome and good man who just happens to rule a country.

By the way where is my knight in shining armour? ;)

doodlebug

Cinderella is my favorite, too. I don't think it's as scary as Snow White or Sleeping Beauty, at least the Disney versions. There are a number of variations on the original stories that are a lot scarier that Disney would ever dare to do. That was the purpose, though, to scare kids into doint the right thing.

Melos

Snow White was too freaky to me - especially the non-Disneyfied version. I was never big on Cinderella either. I guess it was just never my dream to just find a handsome prince.

tater03

Loved Cinderella. I always thought I would be her when i grew up. Did not happen exactly like the story, but i did find my prince.

doodlebug

I guess I'm relating more to Snow White waiting for her prince to come right now, but Cinderella is still my favorite. I like the message of hope that even the most unhappy circumstances can change in a moment for the better.

Plumley

It was The Little Mermaid for me. I had a wonderful book of fairy tales as a child. I think it eventually wore out. Too bad because I'd love to have it as a reference now.

TinyStar

Me, I just loved the original version of Snow White. In fact, I don't think there is a Grimm's Brother original that doesn't interest me. They are so morbid, I just love them.

vicki2

frang;293 said:
Morbid? That's not the word I'd use for the end of Snow White, which is downright grisly:

Still, more satisfying then Disney's version.
Certainly is ...rather full of sadism and maschoism too! Kinky!

TSA

Okay...That's pretty out there with the whole "Snow White" situation. I only knew what Disney threw at me believe it or not....So I'm definitely going to have to check that out.

As for my answer, I would say "Cinderella" (both the American and Chinese version) or strangely enough..."The Old Man and the Sea".

palefrost

frang;293 said:
Morbid? That's not the word I'd use for the end of Snow White, which is downright grisly:

Still, more satisfying then Disney's version.
Ouch! LOL wow i never knew that one! What was the fairy tale where the black crows waited and pecked out the eyes of the step sisters at the wedding? Was that cinderella? The things you remember. :p