Who is more excellent in myth-- perseus or hercules?

Rebirth_Myth

Perseus from my view, he is more sage and brilliant. Hence freeing Andromeda by cutting Medusa's head off and stoning her captors.

Myrddin

Perseus from my view, he is more sage and brilliant. Hence freeing Andromeda by cutting Medusa's head off and stoning her captors.
Yes, Perseus is my favourite hero of the Greek myths. He is the most noble and moral of all of them.

I would like to note that Perseus did not free Andromeda by cutting Medusa's head off. He had already cut Medusa's head off when he found Andromeda bound to the rock awaiting her death. Perseus freed her by holding up the already slewn Medusa head to turn the approaching sea serpent to stone. Then he stoned her captors and flew her off to safety.

Anyways, to answer your question, Perseus is more excellent. Though Hercules did do a pretty good job carrying out his twelve labours. Definitely some brilliance there, as well.

E. M.

tidalwave

I happen to be pro Perseus, he not only did the task he was assigned (slaying Medusa) but also saved Andromeda, who he simply happened to be passing by.

tidalwave

I always read that he was flying by with Medusa's head and spotted Andromeda being sacrificed to the sea monster, and he chose to save her as her fiance wasn't going to.