Your college major?

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by DarkFolly, Jul 7, 2011.

1. DarkFolly

DarkFolly New Member

What did you major in? Or if you're still in college, what are you majoring in?

I majored in English and minored in medieval studies. I kinda wish I had double-majored in anthropology as well, but...oh well.
  2. Ren

Ren New Member

I am currently a history major with a minor in anthropology. After completing undergrad, I plan to pursue Masters degrees in both Library Science and Information Tech. The plan is to be an archivist or to work in a museum. : ) You can follow my personal journal of campus life at collegehistorian.blogspot.com
    Nadai likes this.
  3. Rhonda Tharp

Rhonda Tharp Active Member

Education with an emphasis in History, currently working on my masters in Curriculum and Instruction :)
  4. LegendofJoe

LegendofJoe Active Member

My major was in biology, with a minor in philosophy. (Weird huh?)
    I graduated in '85.
  5. RLynn

RLynn Active Member

Not too weird. I majored in mathematics and minored in philosophy. Graduated from Wake Forest in 1962. In graduate school I specialized in differential equations of mathematical physics. Graduated from Rice in 1966.
  6. Nadai

Nadai Active Member

I majored in Anthropology and minored in Classical Mythology... I took a few Forensic Chem courses as well that were loads of fun! For some reason after all those years of studying I decided to become an artist, though:confused: I guess I'm just "that type"...an Indecisive Woman.
    Rhonda Tharp likes this.
  7. LegendofJoe

Holy crap you must be smart!:eek:
    Nadai likes this.
  8. RLynn

RLynn Active Member

Just stubborn and lucky.
    LegendofJoe and Rhonda Tharp like this.
  9. Lachesis

Lachesis New Member

I'm a music major. Piano performance.
  10. Isis

Isis Member

I majored in audio arts and acoustics, so I was a recording engineer for a short while before getting bored. I have a hard time settling on any one career path for long.
  11. LegendofJoe

That is interesting; I wanted to be a recording engineer when I was in High School.
    But nobody gave me much direction: they made it seem that it is difficult to get your foot in the door.
    It is like the film industry: you can get a degree in the subject, but you really have to get lucky while fetching coffee for
    the bosses.
    Is it true for recording?
    I gave up on the idea when I started college.
  12. RLynn

RLynn Active Member

I was all set to go to Eastman and major in French horn performance, but circumstances intervened, and I had to redirect my chutzpah to a more cerebral pursuit.
  13. Lachesis

Lachesis New Member

Wow. French horn is a very hard instrument. You must have been talented. Do you still play?
  14. magickz

magickz Active Member

I am debating going back to school or not but it might need to wait a little longer than we first thought. We do not use a nanny or daycare so once the last kiddie is in school full time then I will have more time in my days. Right now I work and I take care of the youngest with pre-home schooling to help get a jump start when school actually starts. :)
  15. Rhonda Tharp

Wow, I played French Horn for seven years. My feet could barely touch the floor, so I reeeeaaaallllly had to sit at the edge of my seat to play. Haha
  16. RLynn

RLynn Active Member

It's not nearly as hard to play as piano, it just has an unsavory disposition. I still play in an orchestra and a brass quintet.
  17. RLynn

RLynn Active Member

18. Rhonda Tharp

19. Isis

Isis Member

Yes, recording can be difficult to get into, at least if you want to get paid. If you're willing to do an unpaid internship for a year or so, that helps a lot, but obviously that is not always practical.
    LegendofJoe likes this.
  20. fibi ducks

fibi ducks Active Member

i didn't go to uni