Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Native American folklore

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Maya mythology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 13.2%

• Total voters
I grew up with the Classical legends; I discovered for myself the tales of the old Norse. It's hard for me to pick a preference so I try to find connective tissue between them. I admit though, contrasting Greek Myth and the myths of their neighbors to the far north is lots more fun. If I had to choose though, I'd pick Heimdall over Hades any day.

Greek.

I love greek mythology. And made this video to show how much the Myth of prometheus is the BEST.

Check this out. YouTube - Olympian Incorporated Presents.... FIRE
When I was in grade school I had to dress as Prometheus and had to explain my story to the class. It deeply affected me apparently because I fully agree that Prometheus is the best. The really awesome part is that I went to Catholic school and still got to learn how badass pagans were. When I teach Frankenstein I always hammer home all the Prometheus allusions. Hoorah for Romanticism!

Foxfairy

Over the years I have become a huge fan of Chinese mythology, not just the Fox Maidens, but also the Monkey King, Celestal Dragons, as well as their Gods and Goddesses. Oh yeah, and one cannot forget the Zodiac animals...I am the monkey which is how I became so interested in the Monkey King in the first place. Always been a fan of the Tricksters, lol

Starborn

Clash of the titans did it for me when I was a kid. Been in love with mythology ever since. Greeks being among the first pagans had many influences on the cultures they conquered . Religion being part of it arsenal.

Talaria

I love all mythology. I would take the time to read any of it really. The myths nearest and dearest to me are celtic/Irish. I am of a very old Irish family descent so I like to learn about the places my ancestors once knew.

Nathaniel

Thats right Norse Rules. all the greek gods are doma queens. and the egyptians never do anything but look at gold all day. lol:)

mythlover88

I love every type of mythology I have ever laid my hands on but I fell in love with greek when I was 8 years old. It will always be my first love!

mythlover88

Although all mythology is fascinating, I find that Greek mythology to be most interesting. To me at least. :)
I find Greek mythology to be interesting but, not any more than other mythologies. I think what makes the difference is that the Greek myths had the best heroes. They just have that WOW factor, don't you think?

FreyjaLilith

As one can tell by my username, Norse is one of my favorites. There are so many interesting things in Norse, Loki always made things soo interesting! ^_^ I also enjoy Babylonian mythology, I just loved the creation story and Gilgamesh.

mythlover88

I've never read Babylonian mythology. I have read Greek, Roman, Norse, Celtic, Egyptian, and Native American though.

FreyjaLilith

You should give Babylonian a go, Gilgamesh is a really great hero story. And Enuma Elish was very interesting too..Marduk was such a badass! lol

Ohh..and I just noticed..Norse has more votes than Greek ^_^ It makes me happy. I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in NYC yesterday, I was sad (yet not really surprised) that there was no Norse arts. There was a Babylonian section, but it was closed off.. :( Of course there was plenty of Greek and Roman Art, a whole hall and rooms dedicated to them..I like Greek, but there's other mythologies out there too you know.

mythlover88

I know but, unforunately I have not had the opportunity to study other types of mythologies yet! I'm hoping to change that soon.

RLynn

I can't quite understand the popularity of Norse mythology. I like it too, but I have always been more exposed to Greek mythology. I first learned of Norse mythology from Richard Wagner's operas, but I doubt that this is the route most people took. Is it a cultural thing, or what?

Richard