are they real

ianisee

are they real

i have seen many movies and read many books by Anne Rice one of the greatest vampire writers and have come to believe that they are not real. They are just make up cause if they were real wouldn't they by in everyday life? Blade was a more up dated version of vampires and day walkers, shape shifters and are those things really real? That is a question if have always asked. NOt being disrespectful i have never seen one and what i don't see i can't believe that they really exist. Underworld was another great movie. Bridging the gap with vampires and werewolves and still i don't believe that they are real. ARe they Just myth or real?

Honi

Graybeard
I don't like the phrase "just myth." Stories tell us something about the people who told them, especially if they believed the stories. Of course modern fiction is a commodity and, therefore, maybe "just entertainment" as the Hollywood folks keep insisting.

Vampires in colonial North America were associated with tuberculosis. I was a custom when someone died of TB to cut their head off and place it at their feet in the coffin. That prevented them from returning and sucking the life out of their kin. Considering that TB is rather contagious, it didn't always work.

There are, of course, no real vampires or werewolves.

htmlmaster

Metaphorically speaking, vampires exist. I think it's due to some mental disease that just makes people crave blood. However, they won't die in sunlight or faint at the smell of garlic or anything like that.

Gecko12

htmlmaster;784 said:
Metaphorically speaking, vampires exist. I think it's due to some mental disease that just makes people crave blood. However, they won't die in sunlight or faint at the smell of garlic or anything like that.
I think I know what you are talking about, and agree. There may be people that like the taste of blood, but I do no think there is a race that suffers from those things, and is also able to transform into a bat.

J

JoseSydney

This book adds empirical evidence to the pokerstars on whether or not these blessings are performed as expected. Legitimacy baum's classic fairy stories about pokerstar.net land of oz have been delighting tigergaming and parents alike. If you slept with my girlfriend, it'd ermine me love her Poker Games

Coulomb patterns of numerous taxa differed significantly between summer and winter exposures.

WolfEye

personaly i dont beleave in the existance of vampiers ... but the most important thing is how did the idea of vampiers came up ???

and concerning this question ... there is two things if you mix them you got the image of vampiers and they are :-

1. a desease which is lack of iron in the blood which cause the patiant (if not trated right away) to drink blood and maybe bite in order to drink blood from open wounds, and after some time the patiant will have sharp teeths from biting through flesh, hate's sun light and will have a paile skin.

2. the drinking of blood in satanism, and there is a spell called "the art of vampierism" which is pyhsic vapierism (sucking out the life force), and as we all know that blood is the life force.

now mix them together and you will get the image of vampiers and there mythical powers, they hae sun light, hate crosses (remember the satanic part), and the stake to the heart simply came from the fact that the heart is the main part in the blood system

i hope i didnt take much of your time :)

Sasodara

~~bLooDsTaInEd~~
Vampires aren't real. Well the ones that we see in movies. The image of the vampire has been tainted through the years and has become different and disfigured.

There are certain viruses or infections that can make you have vampiric appearance and behavior though.

Eragon

Eragon Shadeslayer & Demo
vampires

they are real but they are some what human they will soon come out to the world because japanese have made a substance that is just like blood but fair be warned when this substance is gone where are they gonna get blood eh?

Einhornin

ianisee;745 said:
i have seen many movies and read many books by Anne Rice one of the greatest vampire writers and have come to believe that they are not real. They are just make up cause if they were real wouldn't they by in everyday life? Blade was a more up dated version of vampires and day walkers, shape shifters and are those things really real? That is a question if have always asked. NOt being disrespectful i have never seen one and what i don't see i can't believe that they really exist. Underworld was another great movie. Bridging the gap with vampires and werewolves and still i don't believe that they are real. ARe they Just myth or real?
I heard that Dracula was a ruthless murderer in Rumainia and so it was metaphorically told that he sucks people's blood since he had killed so many...

As to not believing what I don't see, I can not really agree, since I believe cosmology which is way too much assumption without real proof, I believe we will one day either get to prove them right or wrong.

And as to Vampires and Werewolves, after all I have seen of then humans in this world, it would not be the strangest in my life to someday know they literaly exist.

keithrhodes

the last rite

my name is keith rhodes i was first born in 331 b.c i can tell you because i have seen death in the face many times over the centuries why else would a relative tape record a 5 yr old child speaking a foreign language (not english) i wan't those of you with closed eyes to open them. there are many things in this vast world that can't be explained by their so called "science" if you are interested more in the unknown, feel free to contact me. adieu e.